Wilson 14 Points in detail is a thing which many know. Wilson, 14 Points were a statement of peace. All the 14 points revolved around a single topic that is the attainment of peace during the first world war crisis. There was no commitment from the nation to develop a friendship in the overall surrounding. It was death and blood loss everywhere on the ground.
The Fourteen Points made during that time were to end the crisis and to relax the situation of the world war. They all were on the same page of unity. Moreover, all points were directed toward peace. No one wanted war.
Overview Of The Points
On 8th January 1918, President Woodrow Wilson laid down principals for bringing peace to end world war 1. The premiers of France, England, and Italy were doubtful of the implementation of Wilsonian idealism. US was in favor of the Central powers against Germany’s resumption of submarines attack on merchant ships carrying goods to the UK and France.
There was much opposition on the point that the countries wanted war, while some states were inclined towards the thought that they want to move on the path of peace. War has never given anyone anything. It is a stream f bloodshed followed by the loss of life and property. It is overall destruction, which is not in favor of anyone. Instead of that, peace and negotiations have the power to settle things down peacefully. Peacefully handling matters and settling at negotiations works for everyone, and there is absolutely no hatred and destruction of life and property.
Critical Features Of Wilson’s 14 Points
The key features of Wilson’s 14 points are as follows. Read the blog to know more about it in detail:
1) The very first features of Wilson’s 14 points convey that there should be Demilitarization and reduction of weapons, showcasing a symbol of peace.
2) The next end portrays that Germans should move out of their army from Russian soil.
3) After that, Germany calls its troops back from Belgium.
4) There was a condition of having a free and fair trade among nations.
5) One of the negotiation points portrayed France’s territories and all the disputed land to be returned back.
6) Negotiations demanded Austria and Hungary to be independent countries.
7) Central powers should be given back to Serbia, and Romania. The independence of the nations was required.
8) Turkish living in the ottoman empire will have a sovereign state. The sovereign state was empowered.
9) The country of Poland should be independent. Poland demanded to be an independent nation in Wilson’s 14 points deal.
10) Also, the League of nations was there to protect the job of independence in all countries. All the countries want to be free from the rule.
11) Colonial claims were their overland.
12) There would be no secret agreement between states.
13) International seas shall be open to being fare at the time of war.
14) The primary purpose was to free the world from fighting in the future.